News and Announcements
As promised, here are the details for the “Bring a friend contest”
First, the rules:
- This contest is open to any player registered with RMMSA
- If you bring a friend who is brand new to RMMSA, your name will go into the draw
- You will get one entry for each new friend that signs up
- The more friends you have sign up, the more entries you will get!
Make sure they let us know at registration who referred them to sign up.
The contest will be open until after our January registration and Open House. In January, we will pick a date to close the contest and do the draw. Now for the BEST PART!!!!! The winner of this contest will receive…….A $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO MVP ATHLETICS IN LANGLEY!
DO YOU HAVE ANY OLD BALL GEAR LAYING AROUND?
RMMSA is going to start a “gear trade” table that will be set up at the in person registration held in January 2018. If you have any good condition, gently used softball gear; batting gloves, ball gloves, cleats, bats, face masks (no helmets please), etc. please contact Kate Doucette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On registration day all the items will be displayed for anyone to help themselves to what they need!
All Rep and House Coaching staff, Managers, and Executive members must complete a Softball BC Screening Disclosure Form.
Forms can be scanned and returned to; email@example.com
Completed forms can be placed in an envelope and dropped through the mail slot in the uniform door at the RMMSA Warehouse.
Envelopes should be marked CONFIDENTIAL Attn. Fiona
The form can be downloaded from the Document and Links page on our web site.
Clinic & Player REGISTRATION for 2017/2018 Season
Thursday Oct 5th, 6:00PM – 9:00PM at the RMMSA Warehouse (#7, 23382 River Road, Maple Ridge)
Clinics are open to Rep and House players, however you . Parents and Guardians please note, you can only register your own children for clinics, group registrations will not be allowed.
Check out our Clinic pages under the Training menu to view all Fall and Winter clinic schedules and our clinicians bios.
Ridge Meadows Minor Softball Association will hold their Annual General Meeting and elections on Wednesday September 13, 7:00PM at “The Warehouse” #7, – 23382 River Road, Maple Ridge.
Our association is made up completely of volunteers that are elected on an annual basis. Should you wish to become a part of the Executive and have a say in how the association is run please see http://rmmsa.rmmsa.com/organizations/2570/pages/103111 for a list of the executive structure. For questions regarding responsibilities of a particular position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking for a strong, dedicated team to fill our House positions as this is the heart of our association.
We would like to encourage those with younger children to get involved!!!
We will have door prizes available to be won by all those in attendance, which will given away throughout the evening. Once again the Grand Prize will be paid basic registration fees (excluding Rep Fees and any bonds) for the 2018 season.
Changes to the Executive for the 2017/2018 Season
- Technical Director – will become Director of House Coaching
- League UIC – Deputy – this position has been eliminated
- Members at Large – we will elect a maximum of six (6) members at large. The Member at Large position shall serve for a maximum of one (1) year. These positions were created to be a stepping stone into the Executive, thus the one year term. Members at Large are expected to attend Executive meetings, make themselves available when needed to assist with Executive functions, and to be a relief should an Executive member be unable to continue in their position. Members at Large are required to contribute a minimum of 12 hours of volunteer time to the association to be in good standing.
At the conclusion of the meeting there will be a sign up for !